Construction Products Regulation
European Technical Assessments (ETAs) for construction products are issued on the basis of the Construction Products Regulation (CPR, Regulation (EU) No 305/2011). The German Construction Products Act (Bauproduktengesetz) lays down the related implementing provisions. In particular, DIBt is designated therein as the only German Technical Assessment Body and the only German notifying authority.
As such DIBt is a member of the European Organisation for Technical Assessment (EOTA), which brings together the Technical Assessment Bodies designated by the Member States under the Construction Products Regulation (Article 31(1) EU Construction Products Regulation).
Further relevant documents for issuing European Technical Assessments (ETAs) are:
- the format of the European Technical Assessment (Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 1062/2013)
- the model of the European Assessment Document (still under discussion with the Commission services),
- Commission Decisions on the applicable system(s) of assessment and verification of constancy of performance (formerly: procedures of attestation of conformity) and
- Commission Decisions on fire performance classes.
Definition of "construction product" and "kit"
- ‘Construction product’ means any product or kit which is produced and placed on the market for incorporation in a permanent manner in construction works or parts thereof and the performance of which has an effect on the performance of the construction works with respect to the basic requirements for construction works.
- ‘Kit’ means a construction product placed on the market by a single manufacturer as a set of at least two separate components that need to be put together to be incorporated in the construction works.