Building physics, Technical building equipment
The key areas of Division III are basically safety in case of fire and building technology. The field of safety in case of fire handles the subjects of reaction to fire of building materials and building components, fire safety, limitation of fire spread, fire protection in ventilation systems, fire protection shutoffs, smoke and heat extract systems. Building technology covers inter alia heating, ventilation and air conditioning, energy conservation, chimneys and furnaces and waste water engineering.
Coordination of the essential requirement 'safety in case of fire' (essential requirement N° 2) is also a task of Division III. This applies in particular to European technical approvals and guidelines by DIBt (EOTA guidelines for fire stopping and fire protective claddings), but also the activities concerning EOTA and CEN, the European bodies.
- Section III 1: Thermal and sound insulation
- Section III 2: Fire protection of ventilation and duct systems
- Section III 3: Resistance to fire of building components, Fire safety
- Section III 4: Reaction to fire of building materials, Fire protective coatings
- Section III 5: Combustion appliances, Chimneys, Building services
- Section III 6: Kabel- und Rohrabschottungen