Construction products detail

Liquid polymers

Liquid polymers are used for waterproofing of buildings. The waterproofing system can feature other components (e.g. reinforcing inserts, sealing tapes and collars) in addition to the liquid polymer.

For waterproofing of roofs, see Liquid applied roof waterproofing kits

Regulatory framework

The use of liquid polymers for waterproofing of buildings is subject to a national technical test certificate (abP), cf. MVV TB, Section C 3. National technical test certificates are issued by testing laboratories officially recognised for this purpose, as listed in the Directory of recognised testing laboratories, inspection and certification bodies (PÜZ-Verzeichnis, see column on the right). The testing laboratories also carry out the corresponding testing and external surveillance. Please submit your application directly to a qualified testing laboratory.

As a European Technical Assessment Body, DIBt can also issue European Technical Assessments (ETAs) for liquid polymers. The application rules are set out in MVV TB, Section B 2.2.5.

European Technical Assessment (ETA)

To start the ETA procedure, please submit the form below. We will then check if the prerequisites for issuing an ETA are met, i.e., in particular, if the product is not fully covered by an existing harmonised standard. If the prerequisites are met, we will check whether a European Assessment Document (EAD) covering the requested assessment scope already exists or still needs to be developed. If an EAD needs to be developed or amended, a complete technical file needs to be established before the procedure can begin.