Construction products detail
Non-return valves for drainage systems
Non-return valves serve to prevent backflow of rainwater or wastewater from the connected sewer system into the parts of the property drainage system lying below the backwater level.
In this work area, DIBt grants national technical approvals (abZ). European Technical Assessments (ETAs) can also be issued for corresponding products.
Technical rules for non-return valves (called anti-flooding devices in DIN EN 13564-1) have been referenced in the Model Administrative Provisions – Technical Building Rules (MVV TB), Section B22.214.171.124 'Non-return valves for buildings'.
The technical rules to be observed for the installation of drains inside or outside the building include:
- DIN EN 13564-1 – Anti-flooding devices for buildings — Part 1: Requirements
- DIN EN 12056 (series) – Gravity drainage systems inside buildings
- DIN 1986-100 – Drainage systems on private ground – Part 100: Specifications in relation to DIN EN 752 and DIN EN 12056
- DIN EN 476 – General requirements for components used in drains and sewers
- DIN EN 752 – Drain and sewer systems outside buildings
- DIN 4102-1 – Fire behaviour of building materials and building components – Part 1: Building materials; concepts, requirements and tests
- DIN EN 13501-1 – Fire classification of construction products and building elements – Part 1: Classification using data from reaction to fire tests
Tests and verifications of the fitness for use of non-return valves that significantly deviate from the applicable technical rules should be carried out based on test plans prepared by DIBt on an application-specific basis.
A national technical approval (abZ) and/or oder general construction technique permit (aBG) is granted upon application (see Model Building Code (MBO), Sections 16a(2) and18(2) and (4)). This also applies to amendments and supplements to, or renewals of existing approvals and/or construction technique permits.
No formal requirements apply. The following information is needed: name and address of the applicant, description of the product and/or construction technique and its field of use or application, type of decision required (new decision, amendment or supplement to, or renewal of, an existing decision).
Please feel free to use the template below.
European Technical Assessment (ETA)
To start the ETA procedure, please submit the form below. We will then check if the prerequisites for issuing an ETA are met, i.e., in particular, if the product is not fully covered by an existing harmonised standard. If the prerequisites are met, we will check whether a European Assessment Document (EAD) covering the requested assessment scope already exists or still needs to be developed. If an EAD needs to be developed or amended, a complete technical file needs to be established before the procedure can begin.
|Subject concerned||Applicant||Decision no.||
from / to
|Abläufe für Lichtschächte mit integrierter Rückstausicherung mit der Bezeichnung "Megastop"||Kessel AG Bahnhofstraße 31 85101 Lenting||Z-53.4-494||
|Abläufe für Lichtschächte mit integrierter Rückstausicherung mit der Bezeichnung "ACO Rückstauverschluss für Lichtschächte"||ACO Hochbau Vertrieb GmbH Am Ahlmannkai 24782 Büdelsdorf||Z-53.4-502||