Construction products detail
Ventilation units with heat pump
In ventilation units using heat pump technology, the ambient heat, e.g. the heat from the earth or the heat from the outside air, is used for space heating.
Common variants include:
- ventilation unit with heat pump – exhaust air / supply air (without heat exchanger)
- ventilation unit with heat pump – exhaust air / supply air with upstream heat exchanger
- ventilation unit with heat pump – exhaust air / water for heating (without heat exchanger)
- ventilation unit with heat pump – exhaust air / water for heating with upstream heat exchanger
- ventilation unit with heat pump – exhaust air / water for heating drinking water (without heat exchanger)
- ventilation unit with heat pump – exhaust air / water for heating drinking water with upstream heat exchanger.
Mass-produced, ready-to-connect ventilation units with a volumetric flow rate of ≤ 1000 m3/h that are permanently installed and operated in buildings are relevant from a regulatory point of view.
Construction technique permits (aBG) are also granted for ventilation units when used in combination with heating appliances. The provisions extend to maintenance and inspection.
In this work area, DIBt grants national technical approvals (abZ) and/or general construction technique permits (aBG). European Technical Assessments (ETAs) can also be issued for corresponding products.
Please also note the applicable design and execution rules for ventilation technology, cf. in particular MVV TB, Parts A and B and the following information and technical rules.
A national technical approval (abZ) and/or oder general construction technique permit (aBG) is granted upon application (see Model Building Code (MBO), Sections 16a(2) and18(2) and (4)). This also applies to amendments and supplements to, or renewals of existing approvals and/or construction technique permits.
No formal requirements apply. The following information is needed: name and address of the applicant, description of the product and/or construction technique and its field of use or application, type of decision required (new decision, amendment or supplement to, or renewal of, an existing decision).
Please feel free to use the template below.
European Technical Assessment (ETA)
To start the ETA procedure, please submit the form below. We will then check if the prerequisites for issuing an ETA are met, i.e., in particular, if the product is not fully covered by an existing harmonised standard. If the prerequisites are met, we will check whether a European Assessment Document (EAD) covering the requested assessment scope already exists or still needs to be developed. If an EAD needs to be developed or amended, a complete technical file needs to be established before the procedure can begin.